Why Asheville Academy for girls is the best choice for your daughter this school year
Our private campus is exclusively used as a therapeutic setting featuring equine assisted therapy on campus and separate classroom building. Our staff has decades of experience. Finally, our individualized academics are tailored to your child’s needs and learning style.
What makes our program different than a Boarding School for Troubled Kids?
Asheville Academy is unique in that we focus only on girls ages 10 – 14, providing a family atmosphere with a specific focus on creating success.
Our small program allows us to give individual attention and help to build a solid foundation for success in our girls. Other therapeutic boarding schools for girls and troubled youth do not not invest the same amount of time to your family Asheville Academy will. Families often are unsure of when a therapeutic placement might be a necessary and potentially lifesaving step for their daughters.
Is Asheville Academy the right choice for your daughter?
- Does she struggle with emotions? Parents report that their girl’s troubling behavior starts at home and then begins to creep into their school and social life.
- Can she “hold the family hostage”? Many Asheville Academy parents report their girls can sabotage family efforts to move forward or make a decision.
- Does she avoid things or resist engaging? Perhaps School has become so socially challenging or emotionally complex she may be looking for ways to avoid attending. She may not reach out to friends or participate in clubs and instead she retreats more into electronics or books.
- Does she have learning challenges? Sometimes families comment that school is difficult for their child and is starting to worsen.
- Are there challenges with making and maintaining friendships? Parents often mention that their child doesn’t have friends or has only one or two close friends and can be too demanding or controlling in those relationships.
We realize this is a tough decision and we are here to help you and your family determine if Asheville Academy’s therapeutic boarding school is right for your child.
Interested in learning more about our therapeutic boarding school for kids? Contact me, Kathryn Huffman, at (800) 264-8709 or fill out the form below. I look forward to hearing from you.