Neurofeedback therapy is a non-invasive treatment that targets brain waves in order to regulate the brain and nervous system. It can help with a large variety of things. The most significant improvements are classified with executive functioning, cognitive flexibility and sustained attention. Asheville Academy offers neurofeedback treatments to their students to help them grow and develop further.
What is Neurofeedback?
Most Students at Asheville Academy are working on symptoms such as:
- Social Interactions
- Sleep Issues
Learn how neurofeedback works:
A session of neurofeedback is relaxing and enjoyable. A session consists of listening to music that prompts the brain to reset itself. At the end of a session, your child will feel less stressed and more relaxed.
Based on learning
As you practice changing brain waves, the brain is learning how to continue the changes outside of the session. The continued learning is supported throughout your child’s time at Asheville Academy.
Regulates brain waves to create lasting change
Sessions will help your child now and in the future. Many neurofeedback clients report changes they obtain from trainings are continuing 10 years later.
Safe and client-guided
No chemical or electrical impulse ever enters the body. At the end of each session, your child can give feedback on how it went.
- “The staff have helped her learn how to deal with situations and will better prepare her for a successful home life."
- “I feel very lucky that our family can learn and grow together because of the support we get from Asheville Academy.”
- "Asheville Academy allows space for students and families to work on personal and family goals.“
- “The staff are tremendous with our girl by creating a nurturing environment for our daughter to prosper."
- “She made incredible improvement in an amazingly short time. Keep up the good work Asheville Academy and thanks for your hard work!”
- “The entire staff at Asheville Academy were very positive and influential, in creating a nurturing environment for my daughter."
- “Her behavior has improved tremendously. She ended up feeling very safe, nurtured and cared for.”
- “Our experience was outstanding. Asheville Academy helped our daughter understand her emotions, and channel her efforts into a more positive form.”