Jobs Opportunities at Asheville Academy
Thanks again for your interest in employment at Asheville Academy.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Asheville Academy will extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, religion, disability, national origin, ethnic background, military service and/or citizenship, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Are you interested in working with a company whose mission is to provide a community that fosters healthy relationships, personal growth, and academic confidence in an activity-intensive environment? We are searching for staff to support our goal to rebuild, repair, and restore relationships between students and their families.
- The Mentor position is a “live-in”, 7 days on 7 days off schedule.
- Staff report to work on Monday morning, stay and work on campus for the next 7 days (including overnights) and leave shift the following Monday after shift exchange.
- Schedule is similar to a wilderness program; except you’re sleeping in a comfy bed in a cabin and are provided chef-prepared meals 3x a day plus snacks!
- Must be 21 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Those who have succeeded in this job include athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, and team-focused individuals.
- Individuals with prior experience as a counselor, direct support professional, social worker, and caregiver are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $36,800 – $40,500 per year
Weekly mandatory testing on campus, copy of vaccination card required if applicable
Wanted: Alternative Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Small classes of 4-10 (female at birth students)
Classes in session M-Th year round
Alternating between American History and World History curriculums
Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
No end of course exams or teaching to a test
Competitive wages (pay based off of NC Teacher Salary Schedule)
Located on 100-acre campus between Black Mountain and Old Fort
No student cell phones in class!
Licensed (or working towards a license) Middle School or High School Teacher
Knowledgeable and passionate about teaching social studies
Ability to work with diverse learners and neurodivergent students
Excellent communication skills
Sick of getting caught between unsupportive administrations, opinionated parents and culture wars? Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com