Jobs Opportunities at Asheville Academy
Email this application along with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Thanks again for your interest in employment at Asheville Academy.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Asheville Academy will extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, religion, disability, national origin, ethnic background, military service and/or citizenship, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Are you interested in working with a company whose mission is to provide a community that fosters healthy relationships, personal growth, and academic confidence in an activity-intensive environment? We are searching for staff to support our goal to rebuild, repair, and restore relationships between students and their families.
- The Mentor position is a “live-in”, 7 days on 7 days off schedule.
- Staff report to work on Monday morning, stay and work on campus for the next 7 days (including overnights) and leave shift the following Monday after shift exchange.
- Schedule is similar to a wilderness program; except you’re sleeping in a comfy bed in a cabin and are provided chef-prepared meals 3x a day plus snacks!
- Must be 21 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Those who have succeeded in this job include athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, and team-focused individuals.
- Individuals with prior experience as a counselor, direct support professional, social worker, and caregiver are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $34,030.75 – $37,709.75 per year
Weekly mandatory testing on campus, copy of vaccination card required if applicable
Seeking an experienced Science Instructor to join a team of passionate educators and mental health professionals to teach grades 5 through 9.
Asheville Academy is a therapeutic boarding school that works with students with mild to moderate social-emotional and behavioral struggles. Academic profiles range from challenged to gifted. Asheville Academy operates year-round, with core content classes held Monday through Thursday.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Experience teaching diverse learners
- Thorough familiarity with national science standards
- Strong communication and record-keeping skills
- Exceptional professionalism, and a desire to teach the whole person
- Licensure preferred, but not required
- Experience working in an alternative school or mental health settings a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Position qualifies for full medical health benefits, paid time off, sick pay and 401 K. Asheville Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Smoke-free campus. Drug test and background screening required. Send cover letter and resume for consideration.