Jobs Opportunities at Asheville Academy
Thanks again for your interest in employment at Asheville Academy.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Asheville Academy will extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, religion, disability, national origin, ethnic background, military service and/or citizenship, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Are you interested in working with a company whose mission is to provide a community that fosters healthy relationships, personal growth, and academic confidence in an activity-intensive environment? We are searching for staff to support our goal to rebuild, repair, and restore relationships between students and their families.
- The Mentor position is a “live-in”, 7 days on 7 days off schedule.
- Staff report to work on Monday morning, stay and work on campus for the next 7 days (including overnights) and leave shift the following Monday after shift exchange.
- Schedule is similar to a wilderness program; except you’re sleeping in a comfy bed in a cabin and are provided chef-prepared meals 3x a day plus snacks!
- Must be 21 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Those who have succeeded in this job include athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, and team-focused individuals.
- Individuals with prior experience as a counselor, direct support professional, social worker, and caregiver are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $36,800 – $40,500 per year
Weekly mandatory testing on campus, copy of vaccination card required if applicable
We are currently seeking a Licensed Therapist to join our clinical team. A minimum of one year experience in adolescent residential treatment, Trauma and Attachment focused therapy preferred. A Masters degree or Ph.D. from an accredited graduate program in a behavioral health-related field, including graduate degrees in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy is required. Current licensure preferred within their professions (LMHC, LPC, LMFT, LCSW etc.) by their respective State Boards and be eligible for and acquire licensure in the state of North Carolina.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Confident and comfortable working with parents and family system dynamics
- Experience working with adolescents in a residential treatment setting
- Excellent communicator, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to work independently to establish structure within a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills for timely documentation and record-keeping
- Experience leading large group activities
Learn more about Asheville Academy http://www.ashevilleacademy.
Please send a resume and cover letter for consideration. Equal Opportunity Employer. Smoke Free Campus. Drug Test, TB test and Background Screen required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year plus $5000 signing bonus
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call