Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Michigan
Asheville Academy, an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Michigan youth, is focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Although the program is located away from Michigan, we help families from all over the country.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for Michigan girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Michigan and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Michigan families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
We help families from across the United States, even though Asheville Academy is not located in Michigan.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped Michigan families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Michigan Girls Find Success
At Asheville Academy for Girls, Michigan girls transform into resilient and confident young women.
Our expert staff helps girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve based on our clinical model that focuses on helping girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
The animal therapy program at our therapeutic boarding school includes opportunities for Michigan girls to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats.
- Clinical Expertise
At our therapeutic boarding school, every girl’s journey is unique. To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs, we provide a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors come from diverse backgrounds, with trainings, certifications, or licensure in areas including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Michigan families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
We encourage families to have regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- How to Positively Reinforce School ParticipationFor most young children, school is a time to see their friends while they play games and learn about the world around them. As children get older, school begins to feel more like an obligation rather than something they’d like to actively engage in. They may attend classes because they... Read more »
- Sibling Fighting: When Does It Go Too Far?Siblings fighting is common in most families. Kids who get along well in one moment can suddenly be yelling at each other the next. Arguments, jealousy, unwillingness to share, and competition are normal sibling behaviors. Sibling rivalry is motivated by seeking parental attention rather than harm or control. But there... Read more »
- How Trauma Presents Itself In Adolescent GirlsA 2016 Stanford Medicine article discussed that trauma may affect the brains of adolescent girls differently than it does the brains of boys. This study found structural differences between the boys and girls in the insula, a brain region that detects cues from the body and processes emotions and empathy.... Read more »