Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Massachusetts
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Asheville Academy helps struggling Massachusetts girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools in the country.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Massachusetts and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Massachusetts families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
Students are able to focus on achieving lasting change after Asheville Academy when they are removed from distractions.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped Massachusetts families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Massachusetts Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy, a leading therapeutic boarding school, recognizes that students have individual strengths and benefit from personalized solutions.
Our clinical model focuses on helping girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve by emerging from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns with the help of our expert staff.
Examples of our personalized therapeutic approach include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Through our Equine and Animal Therapy program, students learn how to improve their communication skills, build responsibility, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
The animal therapy program at our therapeutic boarding school includes opportunities for Massachusetts girls to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats.
- Clinical Expertise
At our therapeutic boarding school, every girl’s journey is unique. To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs, we provide a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors have training, certifications, or licensure in multiple therapeutic techniques including, Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions Licensure.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Massachusetts families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- The Importance of Play for Young Girls with DepressionOne of the defining features of depression is a loss of interest in things they used to enjoy. This can make it difficult for young girls experiencing depression to feel rewarded by the positive coping mechanisms that they try to use. As hobbies and unstructured play are critical to identity... Read more »
- Attachment Issues More Common After Parent DivorceOne of the most common causes of attachment issues in children is parents getting divorced. Whether the divorce followed periods of frequent arguments or falling out of love and needing space from each other, young children often internalize messages like “relationships don’t last” or “their parents left them, not their... Read more »
- Building Self Esteem in Girls Helps Break "Mean Girl" StereotypeWe often tell young girls to look out for signs of toxic friendships, but we are less likely to praise the qualities of healthy relationships. We assume that values in relationships are individualized and that girls will learn from experience. Researchers at the University of British Columbia have pointed out... Read more »