Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Maryland
Asheville Academy is an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Maryland youth focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Maryland and all over the nation.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for Maryland girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy helps young girls from Maryland and their families find success through accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Asheville Academy helps families from Maryland who say their family dynamic feels broken and has left them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy, Maryland families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Sometimes, distance from their current environment can be an important part of the girls’ healing process.
Students are able to focus on achieving lasting change after Asheville Academy when they are removed from distractions.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped Maryland families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Maryland Girls Find Success
Maryland girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
Asheville Academy, a leading therapeutic boarding school, recognizes that students have individual strengths and benefit from personalized solutions.
Our clinical model focuses on helping girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve by emerging from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns with the help of our expert staff.
Examples of our personalized therapeutic approach include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Students have the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats through our animal therapy program.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Maryland families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
- Unhealthy Attachments: Attachment Disorder Symptoms in ChildrenSocial connection is an essential part of human nature. We form bonds and connections with others through socialization. Along with these social bonds comes emotional attachment, we naturally become emotionally attached to our close friends and loved ones. However, in some circumstances, people have trouble forming healthy attachments to others,... Read more »
- The birds and the bees: Talking to Your Daughter About Awkward TopicsFrom a young age, our children begin to ask us: “Why?” They question us in order to learn and make sense of the world around them. As parents, it is our job to help answer those questions as they come. But of course, questions from young children like: “Why do... Read more »
- Helping Your Daughter with ADHD Struggling In An Academic SettingADHD symptoms can make focusing in school extremely difficult for your daughter. As a parent, you want your daughter to have academic success and perform to her fullest potential. While medication does play an important role in reducing ADHD symptoms, research reveals many non-medication methods that are beneficial to combating... Read more »