Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Maine
Asheville Academy for Girls is an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Maine youth focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Maine and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from Maine come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy, Maine families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
We help families from across the United States, even though Asheville Academy is not located in Maine.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
At Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and able to focus on achieving lasting change.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped Maine families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Maine Girls Find Success
Maine girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
With our expert staff and clinical model, we help girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns and start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Students have the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats through our animal therapy program.
- Clinical Expertise
At our therapeutic boarding school, every girl’s journey is unique. To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs, we provide a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors come from diverse backgrounds, with trainings, certifications, or licensure in areas including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
- Pressure and Release In Action: Asheville Academy for GirlsThe Pressure and Release Model is also called the Continuum of Communication or the Communication Continuum. It is a way of exploring how we interact in relationships by discussing how much pressure we’re putting on the relationship. Is there too much pressure, like yelling at someone? Or is there not... Read more »
- Why Does My Daughter Get So Angry When I Try To Speak With Her?Have you ever asked your teen how her day was only to be met with contempt and anger? As children develop into teenagers, seemingly innocuous questions can trigger teens, resulting in anger on her part and confusion on yours. Some amount of teen anger and emotional reactivity is normal as... Read more »
- Helping Divorced FamiliesDivorce can have both positive and negative effects on children. As they adjust to a new family dynamic, it may take some time to develop their individual relationships with each parent. When divorce occurs new behavior and communication patterns develop, which can sometimes lead to the child or teen feeling... Read more »