Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Maine
Asheville Academy for Girls is an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Maine youth focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Maine and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from Maine come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy, Maine families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
We help families from across the United States, even though Asheville Academy is not located in Maine.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
At Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and able to focus on achieving lasting change.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped Maine families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Maine Girls Find Success
Maine girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
With our expert staff and clinical model, we help girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns and start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Students have the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats through our animal therapy program.
- Clinical Expertise
At our therapeutic boarding school, every girl’s journey is unique. To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs, we provide a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors come from diverse backgrounds, with trainings, certifications, or licensure in areas including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
- Attachment Issues More Common After Parent DivorceOne of the most common causes of attachment issues in children is parents getting divorced. Whether the divorce followed periods of frequent arguments or falling out of love and needing space from each other, young children often internalize messages like “relationships don’t last” or “their parents left them, not their... Read more »
- Managing a Melodramatic Middle-Schooler: What To Do?From a young age, girls are tend to emote more than their male peers. An article from Psychology Today tell us: “Females often have a larger hippocampus, our human memory center. Females also often have a higher density of neural connections into the hippocampus. As a result, girls and women... Read more »
- Technology Addiction Amplifies Effect of CyberbullyingBefore most young girls had access to smartphones and social media, they may have been acutely aware of mean girls and being excluded from social events. As more young girls post about their social lives online, they are more likely to learn about what other people think about them and... Read more »