Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Louisiana
Asheville Academy helps Louisiana teens find lasting change at our accredited therapeutic boarding school.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Louisiana girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Louisiana and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from Louisiana come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Louisiana families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
For more information about how our therapeutic boarding school helps Louisiana families, please call 800-264-8709.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Louisiana Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy, a leading therapeutic boarding school, recognizes that students have individual strengths and benefit from personalized solutions.
- Equine and Animal Therapy
By building relationships with our animals during equine therapy, students improve communication skills, responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
As every student’s journey is unique, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise to ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Louisiana families reconnect by working directly with their child’s therapist, participating in family seminars and therapy, and having a flexible visitation schedule.
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Trauma and Middle School Girls: Affects on RelationshipsSocial support is considered a mediating factor in the development of many mental health struggles among young girls, especially as this age group is socialized to base a lot of their identity and decisions on their peer’s approval. A well-known longitudinal study on the impact of trauma on female development... Read more »
- Normal Social Struggles vs Bullying in Middle SchoolMiddle schoolers who have a history of trauma or being bullied are more likely to perceive negative peer interactions as continued bullying. It is important for middle school girls to understand that someone can be insensitive, thoughtless, immature, mean and even aggressive without it being bullying. Social struggles are common... Read more »
- Attachment Issues More Common After Parent DivorceOne of the most common causes of attachment issues in children is parents getting divorced. Whether the divorce followed periods of frequent arguments or falling out of love and needing space from each other, young children often internalize messages like “relationships don’t last” or “their parents left them, not their... Read more »