Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Kentucky
Asheville Academy helps Kentucky teens find lasting change at our accredited therapeutic boarding school.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for Kentucky girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy helps young girls from Kentucky and their families find success through accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Kentucky come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy, Kentucky families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in Kentucky, we’ve helped families from Kentucky and all over the country.
Sometimes, distance from their current environment can be an important part of the girls’ healing process.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped Kentucky families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Kentucky Girls Find Success
Kentucky girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
Asheville Academy, a leading therapeutic boarding school, recognizes that students have individual strengths and benefit from personalized solutions.
Our expert staff helps girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve based on our clinical model that focuses on helping girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns.
Examples of our personalized therapeutic approach include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Through our Equine and Animal Therapy program, students learn how to improve their communication skills, build responsibility, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors have training, certifications, or licensure in multiple therapeutic techniques including, Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions Licensure.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Kentucky families reconnect by working directly with their child’s therapist, participating in family seminars and therapy, and having a flexible visitation schedule.
- Unhealthy Attachments: Attachment Disorder Symptoms in ChildrenSocial connection is an essential part of human nature. We form bonds and connections with others through socialization. Along with these social bonds comes emotional attachment, we naturally become emotionally attached to our close friends and loved ones. However, in some circumstances, people have trouble forming healthy attachments to others,... Read more »
- Tips For Helping Connect With Your Anxious Teen GirlsTeen Girls and Anxiety Teenage years are a time of rapid and exponential growth. During this time, teens are figuring out independence and self-agency, time management, platonic and romantic relationships, where their place is in the world, self-discovering who they are and want to become, all while their hormones are charging... Read more »
- Alternatives to Medication for Young Girls with ADHDAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a relatively common mental disorder that affects primarily children and can be carried into adulthood. This disorder is most commonly treated with prescribed medication and is effective for roughly 80% of people. However, like most medications, ADHD medications can come with some harsh side... Read more »