Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Kentucky
Asheville Academy helps Kentucky teens find lasting change at our accredited therapeutic boarding school.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for Kentucky girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy helps young girls from Kentucky and their families find success through accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Kentucky come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy, Kentucky families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in Kentucky, we’ve helped families from Kentucky and all over the country.
Sometimes, distance from their current environment can be an important part of the girls’ healing process.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped Kentucky families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Kentucky Girls Find Success
Kentucky girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
Asheville Academy, a leading therapeutic boarding school, recognizes that students have individual strengths and benefit from personalized solutions.
Our expert staff helps girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve based on our clinical model that focuses on helping girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns.
Examples of our personalized therapeutic approach include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Through our Equine and Animal Therapy program, students learn how to improve their communication skills, build responsibility, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors have training, certifications, or licensure in multiple therapeutic techniques including, Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions Licensure.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Kentucky families reconnect by working directly with their child’s therapist, participating in family seminars and therapy, and having a flexible visitation schedule.
- Using Learning Techniques to Ease Academic StrugglesIn today’s day and age, school work for young teens is more important than ever. Getting into a good college has become more competitive, which leads many to start good study habits earlier. But for many teens, the most important part of school has become lunchtime when they can hang... Read more »
- Technology and Smart Phone Addictions: Its Effects on Teens and Their DevelopmentThe technology burst of the 21st century has made access to the internet, social media, and smartphones almost universal, but what happens when we are unable to disconnect from the ever-enticing news feeds, instagram posts, and text messages that our phones provide? According to a 2016 study by Common Sense... Read more »
- How Trauma Presents Itself In Adolescent GirlsA 2016 Stanford Medicine article discussed that trauma may affect the brains of adolescent girls differently than it does the brains of boys. This study found structural differences between the boys and girls in the insula, a brain region that detects cues from the body and processes emotions and empathy.... Read more »