Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Iowa
Asheville Academy, located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, provides a therapeutic environment for girls ages 10-14.
Although the program is located away from Iowa, we help families from all over the country.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Iowa girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy offers accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff to help young girls from Iowa and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from Iowa come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Iowa families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Iowa Girls Find Success
Iowa girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
We use a multidisciplinary approach to address the individual challenges girls may face that includes:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Students have the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats through our animal therapy program.
- Clinical Expertise
As every student’s journey is unique, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise to ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs.
Our licensed professional counselors are certified in a variety of therapeutic techniques, including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Iowa families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
As girls transition through our program, we encourage families to communicate regularly as a way to repair family dynamics.
- Managing a Melodramatic Middle-Schooler: What To Do?From a young age, girls are tend to emote more than their male peers. An article from Psychology Today tell us: “Females often have a larger hippocampus, our human memory center. Females also often have a higher density of neural connections into the hippocampus. As a result, girls and women... Read more »
- Trauma and Middle School Girls: Affects on RelationshipsSocial support is considered a mediating factor in the development of many mental health struggles among young girls, especially as this age group is socialized to base a lot of their identity and decisions on their peer’s approval. A well-known longitudinal study on the impact of trauma on female development... Read more »
- Attachment Issues More Common After Parent DivorceOne of the most common causes of attachment issues in children is parents getting divorced. Whether the divorce followed periods of frequent arguments or falling out of love and needing space from each other, young children often internalize messages like “relationships don’t last” or “their parents left them, not their... Read more »