Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From DC
Asheville Academy, an accredited therapeutic boarding school for DC youth, is focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Although the program is located away from DC, we help families from all over the country.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for DC girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy helps young girls from DC and their families find success through accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from DC come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help DC families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in DC, we help families from across the United States.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped DC families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped DC Girls Find Success
DC girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
- Clinical Expertise
- Integrated Family Systems
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- The Importance of Play for Young Girls with DepressionOne of the defining features of depression is a loss of interest in things they used to enjoy. This can make it difficult for young girls experiencing depression to feel rewarded by the positive coping mechanisms that they try to use. As hobbies and unstructured play are critical to identity... Read more »
- Building Self Esteem in Girls Helps Break "Mean Girl" StereotypeWe often tell young girls to look out for signs of toxic friendships, but we are less likely to praise the qualities of healthy relationships. We assume that values in relationships are individualized and that girls will learn from experience. Researchers at the University of British Columbia have pointed out... Read more »
- Tech Addiction: How Does It Effect Middle School Girls?Think about a day in your middle schooler’s life. Maybe it looks something like this: wake up and check her phone, breakfast while scrolling through TikTok, check Instagram in the car on the way to school, text in between classes, group video chats after school, and video games late into... Read more »