Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From DC
Asheville Academy, an accredited therapeutic boarding school for DC youth, is focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Although the program is located away from DC, we help families from all over the country.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for DC girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy helps young girls from DC and their families find success through accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from DC come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help DC families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in DC, we help families from across the United States.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped DC families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped DC Girls Find Success
DC girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
- Clinical Expertise
- Integrated Family Systems
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Why Peer Relationships Are So Important for Adolescent GirlsWhen we talk about positive relationships for adolescent girls, the focus tends to be on teaching them about healthy dating practices. But the reality is, positive peer relationships can be even more important for teen girls than romantic relationships. During the pre-teen and teen years, girls begin to move from focusing... Read more »
- Addressing a Lack of Respect for AuthorityAddressing a Lack of Respect for Authority It is obvious to see the lack of respect for authority in teenagers. A lack of respect for authority can come across as crossed arms, rolled eyes, hair flip, and slamming doors. You may have just been asking if she had completed her homework... Read more »
- How to Positively Reinforce School ParticipationFor most young children, school is a time to see their friends while they play games and learn about the world around them. As children get older, school begins to feel more like an obligation rather than something they’d like to actively engage in. They may attend classes because they... Read more »