Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From DC
Asheville Academy, an accredited therapeutic boarding school for DC youth, is focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Although the program is located away from DC, we help families from all over the country.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for DC girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy helps young girls from DC and their families find success through accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from DC come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help DC families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in DC, we help families from across the United States.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped DC families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped DC Girls Find Success
DC girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
- Clinical Expertise
- Integrated Family Systems
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Helping Your Daughter with ADHD Struggling In An Academic SettingADHD symptoms can make focusing in school extremely difficult for your daughter. As a parent, you want your daughter to have academic success and perform to her fullest potential. While medication does play an important role in reducing ADHD symptoms, research reveals many non-medication methods that are beneficial to combating... Read more »
- How Trauma Presents Itself In Adolescent GirlsA 2016 Stanford Medicine article discussed that trauma may affect the brains of adolescent girls differently than it does the brains of boys. This study found structural differences between the boys and girls in the insula, a brain region that detects cues from the body and processes emotions and empathy.... Read more »
- Alternatives to Medication for Young Girls with ADHDAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a relatively common mental disorder that affects primarily children and can be carried into adulthood. This disorder is most commonly treated with prescribed medication and is effective for roughly 80% of people. However, like most medications, ADHD medications can come with some harsh side... Read more »