Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From DC
Asheville Academy, an accredited therapeutic boarding school for DC youth, is focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Although the program is located away from DC, we help families from all over the country.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for DC girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy helps young girls from DC and their families find success through accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Many families from DC come to Asheville Academy saying their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help DC families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in DC, we help families from across the United States.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
To learn more about how our therapeutic boarding school has helped DC families reconnect and get their daughter back, call 800-264-8709. We can help your family today!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped DC Girls Find Success
DC girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
- Clinical Expertise
- Integrated Family Systems
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Trauma and Middle School Girls: Affects on RelationshipsSocial support is considered a mediating factor in the development of many mental health struggles among young girls, especially as this age group is socialized to base a lot of their identity and decisions on their peer’s approval. A well-known longitudinal study on the impact of trauma on female development... Read more »
- Animal Therapy Helps Teen Girls with AnxietyMany of the girls that we work with struggle with social anxiety and developing close relationships with peers and staff, but are uniquely skilled at connecting with animals. Relationships with animals may not involve two-sided heart-to-hearts, but are a great way for girls to learn nonverbal social skills and self-regulation... Read more »
- Attachment Issues More Common After Parent DivorceOne of the most common causes of attachment issues in children is parents getting divorced. Whether the divorce followed periods of frequent arguments or falling out of love and needing space from each other, young children often internalize messages like “relationships don’t last” or “their parents left them, not their... Read more »