Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From California
Asheville Academy helps California teens find lasting change at our accredited therapeutic boarding school.
Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment for girls ages 10-14 in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina.
We help families from all over the United States and around the globe, including California.
As one of the top therapeutic boarding schools for California girls, Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach for struggling girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from California come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
California families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in California, we help families from across the United States.
Sometimes, the girls’ healing process is easier when they are distanced from their environment.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Call 800-264-8709 to talk to our supportive team about how our therapeutic boarding school may be a good fit for your California daughter and your entire family!
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped California Girls Find Success
California girls grow into resilient and confident young women at Asheville Academy.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Our expert staff helps girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve based on our clinical model that focuses on helping girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns.
- Equine and Animal Therapy
By building relationships with our animals during equine therapy, students improve communication skills, responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
The animal therapy program at our therapeutic boarding school includes opportunities for California girls to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
Our licensed professional counselors are certified in a variety of therapeutic techniques, including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
We encourage families to have regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- The Real Walking Dead: Sleep Deprivation in TeensWhen our children are small, sleep and sleep habits are at the forefront of our minds. When will our baby sleep through the night? Is our toddler going through sleep regression? We keep track of sleep disruptions and naps because we know how important sleep is to our children. But... Read more »
- Under Pressure: Helping your daughter cope with teen stressCan you imagine being a teen today? Probably not. Beginning in elementary school, young people are expected to follow a specific track- one that leads to higher education, success, and a good job. Because of this, teen stress can seem almost unbearable. Guiding your teen through this stress is important... Read more »
- Alternatives to Medication for Young Girls with ADHDAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a relatively common mental disorder that affects primarily children and can be carried into adulthood. This disorder is most commonly treated with prescribed medication and is effective for roughly 80% of people. However, like most medications, ADHD medications can come with some harsh side... Read more »