Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Arkansas
Asheville Academy is an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Arkansas youth focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Asheville Academy, located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, provides a therapeutic environment for girls ages 10-14.
Although the program is located away from Arkansas, we help families from all over the country.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Arkansas girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Arkansas and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Arkansas come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Arkansas families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy.
We help families from across the United States, even though Asheville Academy is not located in Arkansas.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Arkansas Girls Find Success
At Asheville Academy, Arkansas girls transform into resilient and confident young women.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
With our expert staff and clinical model, we help girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns and start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve.
Examples of our personalized therapeutic approach include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Students have the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats through our animal therapy program.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
Our licensed professional counselors are certified in a variety of therapeutic techniques, including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Arkansas families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
We encourage families to have regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Technology and Smart Phone Addictions: Its Effects on Teens and Their DevelopmentThe technology burst of the 21st century has made access to the internet, social media, and smartphones almost universal, but what happens when we are unable to disconnect from the ever-enticing news feeds, instagram posts, and text messages that our phones provide? According to a 2016 study by Common Sense... Read more »
- The birds and the bees: Talking to Your Daughter About Awkward TopicsFrom a young age, our children begin to ask us: “Why?” They question us in order to learn and make sense of the world around them. As parents, it is our job to help answer those questions as they come. But of course, questions from young children like: “Why do... Read more »
- The Real Walking Dead: Sleep Deprivation in TeensWhen our children are small, sleep and sleep habits are at the forefront of our minds. When will our baby sleep through the night? Is our toddler going through sleep regression? We keep track of sleep disruptions and naps because we know how important sleep is to our children. But... Read more »