Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Arkansas
Asheville Academy for Girls is an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Arkansas youth focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Asheville Academy, located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, provides a therapeutic environment for girls ages 10-14.
Although the program is located away from Arkansas, we help families from all over the country.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Arkansas girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Arkansas and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Arkansas come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Arkansas families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy.
We help families from across the United States, even though Asheville Academy is not located in Arkansas.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Arkansas Girls Find Success
At Asheville Academy for Girls, Arkansas girls transform into resilient and confident young women.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
With our expert staff and clinical model, we help girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns and start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve.
Examples of our personalized therapeutic approach include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Students have the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats through our animal therapy program.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
Our licensed professional counselors are certified in a variety of therapeutic techniques, including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Arkansas families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
We encourage families to have regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Tech Addiction: How Does It Effect Middle School Girls?Think about a day in your middle schooler’s life. Maybe it looks something like this: wake up and check her phone, breakfast while scrolling through TikTok, check Instagram in the car on the way to school, text in between classes, group video chats after school, and video games late into... Read more »
- Helping Divorced FamiliesDivorce can have both positive and negative effects on children. As they adjust to a new family dynamic, it may take some time to develop their individual relationships with each parent. When divorce occurs new behavior and communication patterns develop, which can sometimes lead to the child or teen feeling... Read more »
- How Does Animal Therapy Help Engage Reluctant Students?Girls who enter a therapeutic boarding school program may have issues effectively communicating their feelings, or bonding with peers. This discomfort may cause them to feel disengaged from a traditional therapeutic session like one on one or group therapy. Animal therapy can be an incredibly powerful and transformative tool in... Read more »