Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Arkansas
Asheville Academy for Girls is an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Arkansas youth focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Asheville Academy, located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, provides a therapeutic environment for girls ages 10-14.
Although the program is located away from Arkansas, we help families from all over the country.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Arkansas girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Arkansas and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Arkansas come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Arkansas families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy.
We help families from across the United States, even though Asheville Academy is not located in Arkansas.
Distancing girls from their current environment can be an important part of the healing process.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Arkansas Girls Find Success
At Asheville Academy for Girls, Arkansas girls transform into resilient and confident young women.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
With our expert staff and clinical model, we help girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns and start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve.
Examples of our personalized therapeutic approach include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Students have the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats through our animal therapy program.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
Our licensed professional counselors are certified in a variety of therapeutic techniques, including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Arkansas families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
We encourage families to have regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Exploring Your Child’s Interests: Extracurriculars and Activities for PreteensPreteens are in the space between being children who rely on their parents for everything and teenagers who crave freedom and independence. After school or weekend clubs and teams can be a chance for kids to explore their budding interests and experience life without parental involvement in a safe and... Read more »
- How to Positively Reinforce School ParticipationFor most young children, school is a time to see their friends while they play games and learn about the world around them. As children get older, school begins to feel more like an obligation rather than something they’d like to actively engage in. They may attend classes because they... Read more »
- Why Does My Daughter Get So Angry When I Try To Speak With Her?Have you ever asked your teen how her day was only to be met with contempt and anger? As children develop into teenagers, seemingly innocuous questions can trigger teens, resulting in anger on her part and confusion on yours. Some amount of teen anger and emotional reactivity is normal as... Read more »