Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Arizona
Asheville Academy, an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Arizona youth, is focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Arizona and all over the nation.
Asheville Academy helps struggling Arizona girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools in the country.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Arizona and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Asheville Academy helps families from Arizona who say their family dynamic feels broken and has left them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Arizona families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Arizona Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy for Girls teaches Arizona girls to be resilient and confident young women.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
We use a multidisciplinary approach to address the individual challenges girls may face that includes:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Through our Equine and Animal Therapy program, students learn how to improve their communication skills, build responsibility, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Our therapeutic boarding school provides Arizona girls with the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats.
- Clinical Expertise
At our therapeutic boarding school, every girl’s journey is unique. To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs, we provide a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors come from diverse backgrounds, with trainings, certifications, or licensure in areas including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Arizona families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- Building Self Esteem in Girls Helps Break "Mean Girl" StereotypeWe often tell young girls to look out for signs of toxic friendships, but we are less likely to praise the qualities of healthy relationships. We assume that values in relationships are individualized and that girls will learn from experience. Researchers at the University of British Columbia have pointed out... Read more »
- Managing a Melodramatic Middle-Schooler: What To Do?From a young age, girls are tend to emote more than their male peers. An article from Psychology Today tell us: “Females often have a larger hippocampus, our human memory center. Females also often have a higher density of neural connections into the hippocampus. As a result, girls and women... Read more »
- Attachment Issues More Common After Parent DivorceOne of the most common causes of attachment issues in children is parents getting divorced. Whether the divorce followed periods of frequent arguments or falling out of love and needing space from each other, young children often internalize messages like “relationships don’t last” or “their parents left them, not their... Read more »