Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Arizona
Asheville Academy, an accredited therapeutic boarding school for Arizona youth, is focused on helping adolescents find lasting change.
Located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, Asheville Academy provides a therapeutic environment primarily for girls ages 10 to 14.
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Arizona and all over the nation.
Asheville Academy helps struggling Arizona girls dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools in the country.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Arizona and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Asheville Academy helps families from Arizona who say their family dynamic feels broken and has left them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Arizona families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Arizona Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy teaches Arizona girls to be resilient and confident young women.
As a therapeutic boarding school, Asheville Academy focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
We use a multidisciplinary approach to address the individual challenges girls may face that includes:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Through our Equine and Animal Therapy program, students learn how to improve their communication skills, build responsibility, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
Our therapeutic boarding school provides Arizona girls with the opportunity to interact with horses, bunnies, chickens, pigs, and goats.
- Clinical Expertise
At our therapeutic boarding school, every girl’s journey is unique. To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs, we provide a range of clinical expertise.
Our team of licensed professional counselors come from diverse backgrounds, with trainings, certifications, or licensure in areas including Art Therapy, Family Therapy, Therapeutic Wilderness Interventions, and Clinical Addictions.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Arizona families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- More Than a Phase: Symptoms of Depression in TeensLet’s face it, being a teenager can be hard. Your hormones are all out of balance and you’re growing rapidly, not a child but still not an adult yet. Adolescence can be difficult and uncomfortable for many people, but where is the line drawn between typical teenage angst and depression. ... Read more »
- The birds and the bees: Talking to Your Daughter About Awkward TopicsFrom a young age, our children begin to ask us: “Why?” They question us in order to learn and make sense of the world around them. As parents, it is our job to help answer those questions as they come. But of course, questions from young children like: “Why do... Read more »
- Alternatives to Medication for Young Girls with ADHDAttention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a relatively common mental disorder that affects primarily children and can be carried into adulthood. This disorder is most commonly treated with prescribed medication and is effective for roughly 80% of people. However, like most medications, ADHD medications can come with some harsh side... Read more »