Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Alaska
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Alaska and all over the nation.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Alaska girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy offers accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff to help young girls from Alaska and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Alaska come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Alaska families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Sometimes, the girls’ healing process is easier when they are distanced from their environment.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Alaska Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy for Girls teaches Alaska girls to be resilient and confident young women.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Our clinical model focuses on helping girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve by emerging from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns with the help of our expert staff.
- Equine and Animal Therapy
By building relationships with our animals during equine therapy, students improve communication skills, responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy encourages Alaska families to work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and to arrange flexible visits in order to reconnect with their daughter.
- Using Learning Techniques to Ease Academic StrugglesIn today’s day and age, school work for young teens is more important than ever. Getting into a good college has become more competitive, which leads many to start good study habits earlier. But for many teens, the most important part of school has become lunchtime when they can hang... Read more »
- More Than a Phase: Symptoms of Depression in TeensLet’s face it, being a teenager can be hard. Your hormones are all out of balance and you’re growing rapidly, not a child but still not an adult yet. Adolescence can be difficult and uncomfortable for many people, but where is the line drawn between typical teenage angst and depression. ... Read more »
- Body Image in Adolescent Girls: How to Build Confidence and Self-EsteemIn a world where a narrow ideal of female beauty and perfection is sensationalized in magazines, social media accounts, film, and through supermodel-esque influencers, it’s not surprising that 98% of girls feel there is immense pressure from external sources to look a certain way. Given that these impossible standards of... Read more »