Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Alaska
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Alaska and all over the nation.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Alaska girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy offers accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff to help young girls from Alaska and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Alaska come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Alaska families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Sometimes, the girls’ healing process is easier when they are distanced from their environment.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Alaska Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy teaches Alaska girls to be resilient and confident young women.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Our clinical model focuses on helping girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve by emerging from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns with the help of our expert staff.
- Equine and Animal Therapy
By building relationships with our animals during equine therapy, students improve communication skills, responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy encourages Alaska families to work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and to arrange flexible visits in order to reconnect with their daughter.
- Tips For Helping Connect With Your Anxious Teen GirlsTeen Girls and Anxiety Teenage years are a time of rapid and exponential growth. During this time, teens are figuring out independence and self-agency, time management, platonic and romantic relationships, where their place is in the world, self-discovering who they are and want to become, all while their hormones are charging... Read more »
- Tips for Promoting Positive Children’s Mental HealthEvery parent wants their child to be healthy, but physical health is often prioritized over children’s mental health–this is a mistake. Since the two are deeply linked, a child cannot truly be physically healthy without being mentally healthy as well. Many parents aren’t sure how to keep their children’s mental... Read more »
- Unhealthy Attachments: Attachment Disorder Symptoms in ChildrenSocial connection is an essential part of human nature. We form bonds and connections with others through socialization. Along with these social bonds comes emotional attachment, we naturally become emotionally attached to our close friends and loved ones. However, in some circumstances, people have trouble forming healthy attachments to others,... Read more »