Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Alaska
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Alaska and all over the nation.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Alaska girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy offers accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff to help young girls from Alaska and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Alaska come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Alaska families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Sometimes, the girls’ healing process is easier when they are distanced from their environment.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Alaska Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy for Girls teaches Alaska girls to be resilient and confident young women.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Our clinical model focuses on helping girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve by emerging from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns with the help of our expert staff.
- Equine and Animal Therapy
By building relationships with our animals during equine therapy, students improve communication skills, responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy encourages Alaska families to work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and to arrange flexible visits in order to reconnect with their daughter.
- Tech Addiction: How Does It Effect Middle School Girls?Think about a day in your middle schooler’s life. Maybe it looks something like this: wake up and check her phone, breakfast while scrolling through TikTok, check Instagram in the car on the way to school, text in between classes, group video chats after school, and video games late into... Read more »
- Why Peer Relationships Are So Important for Adolescent GirlsWhen we talk about positive relationships for adolescent girls, the focus tends to be on teaching them about healthy dating practices. But the reality is, positive peer relationships can be even more important for teen girls than romantic relationships. During the pre-teen and teen years, girls begin to move from focusing... Read more »
- Pressure and Release In Action: Asheville Academy for GirlsThe Pressure and Release Model is also called the Continuum of Communication or the Communication Continuum. It is a way of exploring how we interact in relationships by discussing how much pressure we’re putting on the relationship. Is there too much pressure, like yelling at someone? Or is there not... Read more »