Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Alaska
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Alaska and all over the nation.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Alaska girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Asheville Academy offers accredited academics, animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff to help young girls from Alaska and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
When families from Alaska come to Asheville Academy, they often say their family dynamic feels broken, leaving them and their daughters with feelings of failure, low self-respect, or family distort.
Our family approach integrates family seminars and family therapy to help Alaska families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Sometimes, the girls’ healing process is easier when they are distanced from their environment.
During their time at Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and are able to focus on achieving lasting change.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Alaska Girls Find Success
Asheville Academy for Girls teaches Alaska girls to be resilient and confident young women.
At Asheville Academy, we have built a therapeutic boarding school that focuses on individual strengths and solutions.
Our clinical model focuses on helping girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve by emerging from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns with the help of our expert staff.
- Equine and Animal Therapy
By building relationships with our animals during equine therapy, students improve communication skills, responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
To ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs on her unique journey, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy encourages Alaska families to work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and to arrange flexible visits in order to reconnect with their daughter.
- Technology Addiction Amplifies Effect of CyberbullyingBefore most young girls had access to smartphones and social media, they may have been acutely aware of mean girls and being excluded from social events. As more young girls post about their social lives online, they are more likely to learn about what other people think about them and... Read more »
- The Importance of Play for Young Girls with DepressionOne of the defining features of depression is a loss of interest in things they used to enjoy. This can make it difficult for young girls experiencing depression to feel rewarded by the positive coping mechanisms that they try to use. As hobbies and unstructured play are critical to identity... Read more »
- Building Self Esteem in Girls Helps Break "Mean Girl" StereotypeWe often tell young girls to look out for signs of toxic friendships, but we are less likely to praise the qualities of healthy relationships. We assume that values in relationships are individualized and that girls will learn from experience. Researchers at the University of British Columbia have pointed out... Read more »