Innovative Depression Treatments Connect Texas Girls With Families
Childhood depression affects every single member of the family. That is why Asheville Academy, a therapeutic boarding serving girls from Texas and across the United States, embraces a different approach. Rather than keeping our residents away from their families, as residential treatment centers for depression often do, we make families a part of the recovery process. Family support is one of the single more important factors in depression recovery. Our advanced clinical treatments would not be possible without the involvement of residents’ families.
If your daughter is struggling from depression, you’ve probably considered placing her into a residential treatment center for depression but are worried about being away from her for so long. At Asheville Academy, we keep parents and siblings informed throughout every step of the treatment process.
- Residents call home every week to share their struggles, successes, and experiences
- Therapists contact parents directly to set up personal visits with their daughters, so youll never be regulated to specific times or days
- Parents are kept continually informed about their daughters treatment plans, progress, and personal lives
By embracing communication with parents and siblings, Asheville Academy hopes to rebuild damaged relationships, develop healthy communication patterns, and encourage families to think about their emotional needs and boundaries. By the time that our residents return home, both they and their families are prepared to celebrate their successes and handle the day-to-day reality of depression recovery.
Every few months, Asheville Academy welcomes families from all over the United States to our campus for a weekend of classes, group therapy sessions, and world-class psychoeducational lectures. You will enjoy valuable time with your daughter, get a glimpse into the many holistic treatments she has been receiving, and connect with other parents to share experiences and advice. These seminars are unique to our program, providing a depth and comprehensiveness that you wont find in most residential treatment centers for depression.
If youre worried about helping your daughter once she returns home, why not be involved in her depression recovery from the beginning? Although Asheville Academy is not located in Texas, we’ve helped parents from every state understand their daughters depression and learn strategies to help herand themselvescope with this challenging disorder. At Asheville Academy, we believe that family bonds encourage healing, rather than distracting from it. For more information about the ways we support Texas families, call 800-264-8709.
Who does Asheville Academy for Girls help?
Asheville Academy for Girls, a Residential Treatment Centers For Depression helps Texas girls struggling with issues similar to those below:
– Anger Issues
– School refusal
– Poor School Performance
– Social Struggles
– Attachment Issues
– Disrespectful Behaviors
– Nonverbal Learning Disorder
– Low Self Esteem
Texas Girls With Depression Succeed In Strong Communities
One of the most damaging aspects of depression is the way that it isolates individuals from their family and friends. Healing from depression is often much easier when you are surrounded by a healthy community. Thats why Asheville Academy provides a highly structured, supportive social atmosphere.
For Texas girls. Its unlike any program youll find at traditional residential treatment centers for depression.
Residents of Asheville Academy learn and grow Tree Groups of eight young women between 10-14 years of age. These small groups live and eat together, take academic classes together, and bond with the same caring mentors. Your daughter will thrive in this supportive environment, which helps her to build healthy connections and enjoy a host of other unique benefits:
- Encouraging, positive relationships with other young women
- Productive frameworks for resolving conflict and dealing with negative emotions
- A stable, long-term atmosphere that helps her feel at home
- Sensible physical and emotional boundaries that encourage trust and sharing
Our experienced, compassionate mentors are trained to not only treat depression and other issues in an age-appropriate way, but also to become trusted friends. They listen to residents struggles and interests, provide advice, and are available round-the-clock to offer guidance and support. If your daughter struggles with depression, time spent with a caring authority figure can help her find hope, face her doubts and fears, and express her feelings in a proactive way.
Asheville Academy was founded to provide a safe, welcoming community for Texas girls struggling with depression and a range of other issues. Many residential treatment centers for depression isolate their residents and lack the tools to encourage strong relationships, but connections formed in Tree Groups, and across campus, will last a lifetime. Girls leave the Academy with a strong support network that stretches across the country. To learn more about how our community cares for girls with depression, call 800-264-8709.
Resources for Texas Families Seeking Help
Adolescent Depression from the NYT Health GuideThis extensive guide includes a full overview of symptoms and causes, common diagnosis procedures, and effective treatment plans. Its helpful Web Links and Features sections also help parents connect with trusted resources and stay up-to-date on the latest news related to teen depression.
A Teenagers Guide To DepressionThis well-organized, easy-to-read guidebook helps teenagers determine whether they are suffering from the common emotional and social symptoms of depression. It also features helpful tips for getting involved in social coping activities, staying physically healthy and active, and asking for outside help if necessary.
Asheville Academy for Girls helps Texas families from:
Some examples of cities from Texas which may have families who could use Asheville Academy for Girls: Houston San Antonio Dallas Austin Fort Worth El Paso Arlington Corpus Christi Plano Laredo Lubbock Garland Irving Amarillo Grand Prairie Brownsville McKinney Pasadena Frisco Mesquite McAllen Killeen Waco Carrollton Denton Midland Abilene Beaumont Odessa Round Rock Richardson Wichita Falls College Station Pearland Lewisville Tyler San Angelo League Allen Sugar Land Edinburg Mission Longview Bryan Baytown Pharr Missouri Temple Flower Mound town North Richland Hills New Braunfels Victoria Harlingen Conroe Cedar Park Mansfield Georgetown San Marcos Rowlett Pflugerville Port Arthur Euless DeSoto Grapevine
Asheville Academy for Girls Helps Families From Texas
Asheville Academy for Girls helps Texas families from cities and towns like Hunters Creek Village Highland Park Bunker Hill Village University Park Rollingwood Hedwig Village West University Place West Lake Hills Olmos Park Lost Creek
- Parenting through PubertyPuberty. We’ve all been there and our children are on their way. The word alone can be terrifying and somewhat dreadful- for both parents and children. Your attitude and approach towards this transitional time in your child’s life can have a huge impact on their own attitude. It can either... Read more »
- Send PTSD Packing: Tips for ParentsTraumatic stress looks different on everyone. A wide range of things can qualify as a traumatic experience for children and teens. It can be a personal experience. But it doesn’t have to be. If your daughter has recently experienced a traumatic event, it is crucial that you respond appropriately. Your response... Read more »
- Putting Stress and Anxiety on the MoveWe all remember how much pressure comes with being a teenager. The teen years presents itself as a period of developing self-identity and a greater sense of independence. It can be extremely difficult to juggle this with maintaining a social life and meeting academic standards. As parents, all we want... Read more »