Therapeutic Boarding Schools For Girls From Kansas
Asheville Academy helps Kansas teens find lasting change at our accredited therapeutic boarding school.
Asheville Academy, located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, provides a therapeutic environment for girls ages 10-14.
Even though our program is located in North Carolina, we help families from Kansas and all over the nation.
Asheville Academy has designed a unique therapeutic approach, as one of the top therapeutic boarding schools, for Kansas girls who are dealing with issues, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional defiance disorder, or school refusal.
Through their accredited academics, use of animal and equine therapy, and experienced and caring staff, Asheville Academy helps young girls from Kansas and their families find success.
We Can Help Your Daughter Heal
Our therapists provide personalized treatment plans for each child
Through our family approach which includes family seminars and family therapy, Kansas families reconnect, repair, and rebuild a happier, healthier dynamic.
Although Asheville Academy is not located in Kansas, we’ve helped families from Kansas and all over the country.
At Asheville Academy, students are removed from distractions and able to focus on achieving lasting change.
For more information about how our therapeutic boarding school helps Kansas families, please call 800-264-8709.
Asheville Academy For Girls Has Helped Kansas Girls Find Success
At Asheville Academy for Girls, Kansas girls transform into resilient and confident young women.
Asheville Academy, a leading therapeutic boarding school, recognizes that students have individual strengths and benefit from personalized solutions.
Our expert staff helps girls start a journey towards the enriched life they are capable of and deserve based on our clinical model that focuses on helping girls emerge from problem-centered and self-defeating patterns.
Some of the therapeutic approaches that help us address the individual challenges girls may face include:
- Equine and Animal Therapy
Participating in Asheville Academy’s Equine and Animal Therapy program helps students improve communication skills, build responsibility, personal growth, self-reflection, and healthy relationship patterns.
- Clinical Expertise
As every student’s journey is unique, our therapeutic boarding school provides a range of clinical expertise to ensure each girl gets the specific help she needs.
- Integrated Family Systems
Asheville Academy helps Kansas families reconnect. Families work directly with their child’s therapist, participate in family seminars and therapy, and have the option to make campus visits.
Families are encouraged to maintain regular communication with their daughter as she transitions through our program to help repair family dynamics.
- How Trauma Presents Itself In Adolescent GirlsA 2016 Stanford Medicine article discussed that trauma may affect the brains of adolescent girls differently than it does the brains of boys. This study found structural differences between the boys and girls in the insula, a brain region that detects cues from the body and processes emotions and empathy.... Read more »
- How to Positively Reinforce School ParticipationFor most young children, school is a time to see their friends while they play games and learn about the world around them. As children get older, school begins to feel more like an obligation rather than something they’d like to actively engage in. They may attend classes because they... Read more »
- Technology and Smart Phone Addictions: Its Effects on Teens and Their DevelopmentThe technology burst of the 21st century has made access to the internet, social media, and smartphones almost universal, but what happens when we are unable to disconnect from the ever-enticing news feeds, instagram posts, and text messages that our phones provide? According to a 2016 study by Common Sense... Read more »