As you start to look into receiving help for your daughter’s bipolar disorder, ask yourself:
• Does she have extreme changes in energy, activity, or sleep?
• Is her behavior creating larger problems in your family?
• Will her mood swings hurt her chances at a successful future?
• Does she suffer from any other mood or behavioral disorders?
• Has she ever had suicidal thoughts, or attempted suicide?
Research and experience show that a girl suffering from bipolar disorder in teens without treatment is more at risk to fail out of school, to struggle establishing lasting relationships, to create major disruptions in the home unit, and to attempt suicide.
Answering yes to any of the above questions indicates that Asheville Academy for Girls is the right place for your daughter.
Our therapeutic boarding school in beautiful mountains of western Carolina has a track record of helping girls who show signs of bipolar disorder in teens. Our experienced staff and family-like setting can provide your daughter the skills and structure for better emotional control that can benefit her and the entire family.
Let us help your daughter with a plan and strategies for success.